Category Archives: Mesothelioma Clinical Studies
Recent clinical study of chemoembolisation treatment – carried out by Professor Thomas Vogl on patients suffering from pleural mesothelioma. (copy of official documents).
Professor Thomas. J. vogl carried out a 5 year clinical study in the use of ‘Regional Thoracic Chemoperfusion (TACP)’ in the palliative treatment of’ Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma’. He has treated many mesothelioma patients from the UK as the treatment is only currently available in Germany – where Professor Vogl’s clinic is based.
Professor Vogl and his colleagues have recently published the results of the clinical study and put forward the proposal for evaluation.
Please find attached proposed evaluation of the study titled: “Regional Transarterial thoracic chemoperfusion (TACP) in the palliative treatment of recurrent Malignant Pleural mesothelioma – here
Professor Volgl – Credentials:
Graduated from Ludwig Maximilian University Munich with M.D. in 1982 Residency in Radiology, University of Munic
German Board of Radiology 1987
Assistant Professor, University of Munich 1988
Associate and Full Professor of the Free University of Berlin 1992
Professor of Humboldt University of Berlin 1995
Senior Faculty Diagnostic Radiologist, Virchow Clinic 1991-1997
Chairman Department of Radiology university of Frankfurt, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology17. References
- Sugarbaker DJ, Flores RM, Jaklitsch MT, et al. Resection margins, extrapleural nodal status; and cell type to determine post-operative long-term survival in trimodality therapy of malignant pleural mesothelioma: results in 183 patients. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1999; 117: 54–65.
- Moskal TL, Urschel JD, Anderson TM, et al. Malignant pleural mesothelioma. Surg Oncol 1999; 7: 5–12.
- Ryan CW, Herndon J, Vogelzang NG. A review of chemotherapy trials for malignant mesothelioma. Chest 1998; 113: 66–73S.
- C Parker and E Neville. Mesothelioma Lung cancer: Management of malignant. Thorax 2003 58: 809-813.
- Yun Oh Y, Perez-Soler R, Fossella FV, et al. Phase II study of intravenous doxorubicin in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Investigational New Drugs (2000) 18: 243–245.
- Vogl TJ, Wetter A, Lindemayr S, et al. Treatment of unresectable lung metastases with transpulmonary chemoembolization: Preliminary Experience. Radiology 2005, 234, 917-922. doi: 10.1148/radiol.2343032091
- Vogl TJ, Herzog C, Zangos S, et al. Palliative treatment of primary lung tumors with transpulmonary chemoembolization (TPCE). Fortschr Rçntgenstr 2007; 179:300–307
- Vogl TJ, LehnertT, Zangos S, et al. Transpulmonary chemoembolization (TPCE) as a treatment for unresectable lung metastases. Eur Radiol (2008) 18: 2449–2455. DOI 10.1007/s00330-008-1056-0
- Vogl TJ, Naguib NN, Nour-Eldin NE, et al, et al. Transarterielle Chemo-perfusion and -embolisation of thoracic neoplasm with C-Arm-CT. Radiologe 2009 · 49:837–841
- Kappesser J, Williams ACC. Pain estimation: Asking the right questions. PAIN 148 (2010) 184–187.
- Hockenberry MJ, Wilson D, Winkelstein ML. Wong’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing, ed. 7, St. Louis, 2005, p. 1259.
- Bottomley A, Coens C, Efficace F, et al. Symptoms and patient-reported well-being: do they predict survival in malignant pleural mesothelioma? A prognostic factor analysis of EORTC-NCIC 08983: Randomized phase III study of cisplatin with or without raltitrexed in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma. J Clin Oncol 25: 5770-5776, 2007.
- Bottomley A, Gaafar R, Manegold C, et al. Short-term treatment-related symptoms and quality of life: Results from an international randomized Phase III study of cisplatin with or without raltitrexed in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: An EORTC Lung-Cancer Group and National Cancer Institute, Canada, Intergroup Study. Journal of Clinical Oncology 24 (9:) 1435-1442, 2006.
- Meerbeeck JP, Gaafar R, Manegold C, et al. Randomized phase III study of cisplatin with or without raltitrexed in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma: An intergroup study of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Lung Cancer Group and the National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Clin Oncol 23 (28): 6881-6889, 2005.